Holistic Stress Management Instructor Certificate Program
“The AHNA endorsement is more than a seal of approval, it serves as a recognition and validation of the importance of the holistic approach to both personal and professional development. I am grateful for this recognition and proud of our collaboration.”
Brian Luke Seaward, Ph.D. Director, The Paramount Wellness Institute
Earn Professional Development Hours
- 54 Professional Contact Hours (CE’s) through the American Holistic Nursing Association
- 10 Core Competency and 15 Resource Competency hours through the International Coaching Foundation (ICF)
- 20 CHES professional contact hours through NCHEC for Health Educators
This certificate workshop is offered bi-annually in May and September. Please check our website calendar page to see current dates.
Click here to download the PDF brochure for the May 2017 Holistic Stress Management Workshop or Click here to register
This dynamic four-day certificate workshop (at the foot of the Colorado Rockies) is designed as a professional training program for all health care professionals (e.g., nurses, health educators, counselors, life coaches, physicians, etc.) with a passion and background in “Holistic Stress Management.” The goal is to train professionals to teach, direct or facilitate the finest quality presentations/workshops at their worksite, from a one-hour brown
bag lunch series to a 16 week college credit course.
Topics include humor therapy, art therapy, music therapy, meditation, visualization, stress and spirituality, stress and disease, energy medicine and many more. The workshop includes 20 hours of outside class assignments (e.g., lesson plans, course descriptions, learning objectives, mental imagery scripts) as well as a take home essay exam. Registration includes a copy of Managing Stress (8th edition), The Art of Peace and Relaxation Workbook and Workshop Workbook and Workbook CD-ROM (filled with a wealth of handouts and lesson plans), as well as ongoing mentorship with Dr. Seaward. Upon completion of the program, participants will be certified as an instructor of Holistic Stress Management workshops (HSMI) through the Paramount Wellness Institute in association with the AHNA and the National Wellness Institute.
- $1,595 (early bird Registration) $1,995 post early bird fee
- 54 Professional Contact Hours (CE’s) through the American Holistic Nursing Association.
- 10 Core Competency and 15 Resource Development hours through the International Coaching Foundation (ICF)
- 20 CHES professional contact hours through NCHEC for Health Educators.
- Click here to register online!
This certificate workshop is offered bi-annually in May and September, please check our website our calendar page for details and dates and PDF brochures for each event.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in learning, relearning, refining, and cultivating these essential life skills is invited and encouraged to attend. This workshop is designed for both personal growth and professional development. Our philosophy suggests that for people to be really effective at teaching others the basics of holistic stress management they must first be effective at knowing and practicing these skills themselves. Professionals who have greatly benefited from this workshop include: nurses, social workers, counselors, schoolteachers, wellness directors, therapists, health educators, and physicians, and those wishing to make a career change.
|12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.||Registration and packet pick-up|
|1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Introductions: facilitator, participants, & course content|
|2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.||Part A: Teaching Tips & the Basics of Holistic Stress Management|
|4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.||Break|
|4:15 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.||Part B: Teaching Tips – Creating a Comfortable Class Setting & More Tips|
|6:30 p.m.||Your pleasure DINNER (on your own)|
|8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Part C: Teaching the Basics of Subtle Anatomy and Energy Medicine: Stress and Disease|
|10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.||BREAK & REFRESHMENTS|
|10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.||Part D: Teaching the Basics of Creative Anger Management|
|12:15 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||LUNCH (on your own)|
|1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.||Part E: Teaching the Basics of Art Therapy|
|3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.||BREAK & REFRESHMENTS|
|3:45 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.||Part F: Teaching Effective Coping Techniques|
|4:45 p.m. – 5:45 p.m.||Part G: Teaching Effective Relaxation Techniques – Relaxation Through The Five Senses|
|5:45 p.m.||Your pleasure DINNER (on your own)|
|8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||Part H: Teaching the Basics of Humor Therapy and Creativity (Creative Problem Solving)|
|10:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.||BREAK & REFRESHMENTS|
|10:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Part I: Teaching the Basics of Music Therapy|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||LUNCH (on your own)|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.||Part J: Teaching the Basics of Journal Writing|
|2:30 p.m. – 2:45 p.m.||BREAK|
|2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.||Part K: Effective Lesson Planning|
|3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Part L: Teaching the Basics of Meditation
|4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.||DINNER (on your own)|
|7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.||Music Concert (TBA)|
|8:00 a.m. – 10:05 a.m.||Part M: Teaching the Basics of Stress and Human Spirituality|
|10:05 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.||Part N: Teaching the Basics of Stress, Nutrition and Disease|
|12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.||LUNCH: Special Topic With Luke: Optional!|
|1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.||Part O: Teaching the Basics of Guided Imagery|
|2:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||Closing Comments, Workshop Evaulations & Farewell|
Certificate of Instruction: Upon successful completion of the take-home exam and course assignments, your graded assignments with comments will be returned with your Certificate of Instruction (including 54 CE professional contact hours offered through AHNA… 20 CHES units are offered through NCHEC for Health Educators). Take home assignments include the following: Bio-sketch, three presentation titles and summaries, course outlines, lesson plans learning objectives, guided visualization scripts, tickler notebook or creativity project, and teaching resources. Examples of all assignments are provided in the workshop workbook the first day. Six weeks are given for completion. Extensions are available upon request up to one year from the starting day of the workshop. The 54 CE’s include 15 hours of time spent working on the homework assignments and 5 hours for the take home exam. All assignments must be passed in together as a complete set. CE’s are only awarded upon completion of all assignments and exam.
No partial CE’s are awarded.
The following homework projects are assigned to each workshop participant at the end of the four-day workshop (suggested time for parts 1-8: 15 hours).
- Bio-Sketch (short, dynamic one-paragraph expose about yourself and your qualifications to teach/instruct this topic).
- Three Presentation Titles (the names of three of your presentations in lecture, seminar, workshop, brown-bag lunch, etc. format).
- Three Presentation Summaries (a short paragraph explaining what your topic is about. Note that these summaries will correspond to the three presentation titles above).
- Lesson Plans (content outlines with time allocations for each segment of your presentations: see above).
- Learning Objectives for each of the three presentations (see above).
- Three 20-minute guided imagery scripts (One must be original).
- A Resource List (yoga teachers, tai chi teachers, massage therapists, art therapists, etc. Relaxation CD’s, DVD’s and books).
- Page from Tickler Notebook or a summery of your creativity project (Details explained in the workshop).
- TAKE HOME ESSAY EXAM (Based on the content in the assigned text, Managing Stress suggested time: 5 hours).