US Military Training Continuing Education Programs
Our Continuing Education/Personal Training Programs are specifically tailored for all US Military (DOD) personnel interested in, or seeking group trainings, (including civilian trainings).
Our Purpose in Offering These Programs:
The overarching purpose of these continuing education wellness programs is personal development in the areas of Resiliency Training, Stress Management, Personal Wellness (including sleep, nutrition, meditation, etc.) and Leadership Development. “Resiliency Train-the-trainer” wellness programs (with an emphasis in resiliency) for both US Military, and civilians working within the US Military are also our specialty.
Specific Purpose of Selected Training Programs: Learning Objectives:
Learning objectives are specific to each training program: Examples may include the following:
- Participants will create and adopt three (3) healthy boundaries for personal health (e.g., media curfew, mindfulness meditation practice, etc.).
- Participants will create and monitor three (3) aspects for improved sleep hygiene.
- Participants will adopt and practice two (2) effective coping skills for personal resiliency.
- Participants will adopt and practice two (2) effective relaxation skills for personal resiliency.
- Participants will design a 2-day “Resiliency Seminar” for US Army military personnel.
- Participants will design a 4-hour “Adaptation to Change” program for wives of military officers.
Benefits of Programs for Personal Wellness/Resiliency Programs:
- Decreased anxiety and stress levels
- Improved quality and quantity of sleep
- Improved quality of health and vitality
- Increased immune system response
- Improved concentration skills
- Improved work performance skills
- Improved work productivity
- Improved communication skills
Benefits of Resiliency Train-the-Trainer Programs:
- Ability to create/design effective Resiliency/Stress Management programs (from 1hr to 2 days)
- Ability to teach/instruct effective Resiliency/ Stress Management programs
- Ability to teach/instruct mindfulness meditation classes
- Ability to create 2-4 guided mental imagery scripts for personal relaxation
- Ability to market and promote various wellness programs
- Ability to teach/instruct effective coping skills and relaxation techniques
Each of these “off the shelf” training programs listed throughout this website, offered for The US military (DOD), is designed specifically for the attendees in session. The topic of stress management is colossal, (e.g., physiology of stress, psychology of stress, resiliency, work-life balance, insomnia/sleep issues, digital toxicity, mindfulness, mental training, healthy grieving, stress and nutrition, creative anger management, health of the human spirit, train-the-trainers, etc. etc.) As such, I work with those people from the DOD who contact me to tailor specific group training programs that offer the greatest depth of content for the population at hand. Please refer to this link for specific topics (modules) that can be included and adapted for one or multiple day training programs.
Sample of Specific Topics:
- The Art of Resiliency
- A Good Night’s Sleep
- The Low Stress Diet
- Health of the Human Spirit
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Military Personnel
- Officer’s Wives
- Civilian Leaders
- Returning Soldiers/Wounded Warriors
These programs can be modified (tailored) to meet the needs of your group:
Each of these “off the shelf” resiliency training programs listed throughout this website, offered for the US Military (DOD), is designed specifically for the attendees in session. The topic of stress management is colossal, (e.g., physiology of stress, psychology of stress, resiliency, work-life balance, insomnia/sleep issues, digital toxicity, mindfulness, mental training, healthy grieving, stress and nutrition, creative anger management, health of the human spirit, resiliency train-the-trainers, etc.). As such, we work with those people from the DOD who contact me to tailor specific group training programs that offer the greatest depth of content for the population at hand. Please refer to this link for specific topics (modules) that can be included and adapted for one or multiple day training programs.
Continuing Education & Follow up:
All wellness programs fall under the heading of Behavior Modification (i.e., changing behaviors from negative/undesirable to positive/desirable. As we all know, if behaviors were easy to change and keep, there would be little need for on-going programs. For this reason, follow-up programming is highly recommended for the best long-term benefit.
Depending on the content of the training program as well as the programs offered, one or more books may be assigned (e.g., A Good Night Sleep, The Road to Wellness) for further follow-up. The Holistic Stress Management Instructor Training incudes the award winning text, Managing Stress, and a flash-drive with workbook materials, handouts and PowerPoints, ready for immediate use. All training programs include a downloadable PDF file of handouts.
The cost of these training programs varies on the program selected and the days/duration preferred for each training. Please inquire for specific details and quotes. This cost does not include travel (e.g., air, hotel, car rental, per diem, etc.) which as a separate cost, must be added each DOD training program budget.
About Dr. Seaward:
Dr. Seaward is regarded as one of THE premier experts in the world on the topics of stress management, resiliency and health promotion. He is the author of, Managing Stress
, the leading textbook in the college market (undergraduate and graduate studies). Dr. Seaward has facilitated training programs for the US Army, Air Force and the US Army Wounded Warrior Program (Schofield Barracks, Oahu) over the past 10 years.
For More Information:
If you have any questions on this or other aspects of Dr. Seaward’s “off the shelf” training programs, please contact Inspiration Unlimited & The Paramount Wellness Institute via this website, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (303) 678.9962.